Rivet, rivet....

My new bestie

And so begins the process of removing the interior skins.  A bazillion rivets (probably not that much of an exaggeration) must be drilled and removed in some form or fashion.  Even when you drill through them, sometimes they still hang on and must be chiseled off.  All the while trying to save the skins for later use.  We broke a drill bit 15 minutes into it, but managed to not break another.  Somehow the window next to the door got cracked too.  Not sure if it cracked when I tried to open it to catch a breeze, or if by drilling one of the rivets the vibrations caused it.  I'm just not sure...but we'll need to replace it in the future.  We managed to work our way from the door all the way around to just over the wheel well, so pretty much half done.


First panel!  Here we go....



Busted....

Comments