Something was bound to get broke....

I'm honestly surprised it took us this long.  But we finally broke something.  My parents are kind enough to let us store the wig wam on their property, and when my Dad convinced twisted our arm enough to talk us into moving the Airstream into an open field (for lighting purposes!) we obliged.  Not happy about it, but oh well.  He's helping us remove the floor, and the barn had no electricity.  We were only lighting the area with work lights.  So, here we go, moving again.  Moving to a field that used to be the home of a greenhouse, so it *does* have running water and electricity nearby.  Sigh.  (Can you tell I'm not thrilled with this turn of events????)

Well, we move the Airstream and forgot to close on of the back windows.  It hit a low shelf in the barn and not only shattered but bent the frame.  *&^*%@!  I'm sure it's something that can be replaced, fixed, repaired, etc.  But, it didn't have to be this way.  On a different note....I found a handle for the lock!  Thanks to Vintage Campers, as they worked with me answering all my questions and nutty emails....helping me find the best possible fit for this poor door that only has a hole in it.  Fully operational with a steak knife and/or pocket knife!!!  Hopefully we'll get the handle installed this week.  Until then, check out our broke window!
Bent out of shape....

No glass, no class.

From one abandoned field to another...

Previous key hole....in the literal sense

Hitching a ride on a 'Stream full of dreams...

Comments

  1. Excellent blog. Nice descriptions and pictures. Good luck with the renovation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment